Create your own games and earn diamonds by creating a Spinwheel! Spinwheels are a fun in-stream interaction that can be used for anything under the sun: use it as a randomizer, have viewers spin to decide what to do next on stream, and play with chance!
For viewers, Spinwheels are a fantastic way to support the streamers you love. If streamers set up a Spinwheel that costs coins to play, the cost of spins goes directly to them – plus, you get to have.
Setting up the Spinwheel!
Let's take a look at how to set-up a Spinwheel while streaming on the Kumu app!
- Tap the ⚙️ Gear icon at the bottom of the screen to bring up your Settings window
- Tap the Spinwheel icon to begin set-up
Creating your Spinwheel
- Editing a slot: Tap on a wedge of your wheel to open up the Spin Settings. You can type in text, choose an emoji, and select a color for the slot.
- Adjusting slots: Adjust the amount of slots on your wheel by tapping the plus or minus icons at the bottom of the wheel.
- Spinwheels can have 2 to 8 slots. You can duplicate the contents of a slot to mimic a sense of randomness.
- Using previous wheels: If you've already launched wheels in the past, you can select them in the 'Previous wheels' tab to directly launch an old wheel, or edit them as a template.
Adjusting the Spinwheel settings
- Spin limit: Sets how many times your viewers can spin the wheel. 0 keeps it to unlimited spins.
- Using a Spinwheel for 'requests' or a queue? Don't want things to get too overwhelming? Set a maximum spin count! You can always run the same Spinwheel again from 'Previous wheels'
- Host spins don't decrease the spin limit.
- Viewers can spin: Toggles whether your livestream viewers can spin the wheel with you. This setting can't be changed once the wheel is launched.
- Sometimes, you want to use the Spinwheel as a randomizer or tool right on stream; other times, you might want to pause requests. This setting helps you take care of both situations.
- Cost per spin: Sets the cost per spin in coins. Every time your viewers spin the wheel with an attached cost, you earn diamonds!
- If you want to spin your own wheel, you always get to spin for free – even if there's a cost shown!
Launching the Spinwheel
- Once you've filled up all your Spinwheel slots, you can tap the 'Launch Spinwheel' button to review your settings and then start the game
- Spinning: The Spinwheel appears as a widget that you can launch from the top-right corner of your screen. Tap it to take a spin!
Viewing Spinwheel results
- You can view the results of all spins by you and your viewers by tapping the Spinwheel widget and selecting 'Spin Results'
- You can swipe left on a result to delete it from the list
What can I use Spinwheels for?
Spinwheels are fun interactives that you can stretch your creativity for! Here are some ideas:
- 🎼 Requests: Are you a singer or fitness streamer? Do fun variety streams, or need a topic to chat about? You can let your viewers spin the wheel to challenge you to sing a specific song, do a challenge, or do push-ups vs burpees!
- 🎁 Giveaways: Place options for cool rewards from shoutouts to gifts on your wheel, letting viewers spin for a chance to win!
- If you want to limit the amount of prizes given out, you can toggle the 'Viewers can spin' option or turn off the wheel entirely.
- 🎲 Randomizer: You can use the Spinwheel as a random number generator. Every wedge is as likely to be landed on as any other, and slots are always of equal distribution.
- If you want to make a choice more probable than others, simply create multiple slots that have the same contents.
Article is closed for comments.