You can share your thoughts, passion and hobbies by doing a livestream. Simply click on Karlito, the blue tarsier in the middle of your tab and press the "live" button and choose between an Audio Livestream or Video Livestream. There are various way to go live for more information on the differences click (insert link).
Use a 1176 pixel by 1764 pixel or poster size image. Choose a title that describes what your livestream is all about. Attached is our kumu Cover Photo Guide to support
Your livestream cover photo image is NOT ALLOWED: to have more than 20% text and both the Livestream title and cover photo image is not allowed to contain: hate messages, political commentary, bashing/trolling Kumu users, offensive language. SPAM, illegal links/advertisements/promotions, repetitive comments or content to others. Nudity: any and all content showing sexual intercourse, genitals, abuse, harassment. Newsworthy events with inaccurate/false information, misleading data and statistics, Images of terrorist activity, recruitment, or related content to cause or show harm. Posting private or confidential information of others without their consent. Using image of private or confidential information violating someone else's rights, including intellectual property. Display of political propaganda, recruitment, solicitation of votes or election material is prohibited. Displaying or promoting any form of online gambling, games of skill, or online lottery using real currency is not allowed. For children safety, content or images with nude or partially-nude children, intentions to share in positive display, it could be manipulated by others. Kumu has zero tolerance regarding sexual content involving children, minors, human trafficking, reputation sabotage, or threatening to post intimate images.
How do I livestream?
Step 1. Decide on the content and format for your stream!
Our kumunizens appreciate all types of engaging content — you can:
- sing and dance
- host audio chats with your co-hosts about life or other topics
- host game shows and competitions
- host a bulsahan (where users akyat to the stage, taking turns to receive and share gifts and diamonds with the co-hosts!)
- celebrate your kumu motmot #monthsary or #kumuversary with a livestream on the day you first joined kumu whether in the next month or the next year
Step 2. Set a great cover photo that captures attention!
A great cover photo should feature your face, be eye-catching, polished, and aesthetically pleasing! It’s the first thing your audience will see so make sure it looks good!
- Use a photo in portrait orientation.
- Your cover photo should show your face, try a selfie from above the shoulders or at half-body.
- Let any text in photo take up more than 20% of the image
- No hate speech, offensive language, trolling, or politics
- No partial/full nudity, promotions, or advertising
- Do not display inaccurate or false information
- Don't use others' content without consent.
- Do not wear a mask in your cover photo (but wear a mask when going outdoors!)
Don't forget these guidelines! Violators will be messaged by the Kumu Pulis for breaking the rules.
Step 3. Pick a #Tag to help kumunizens find your stream!
Adding hashtags make your streams more discoverable by more kumu users, and even celebrities, and influencers! It also gives them an idea about the content of your livestream, so they can decide if they should tambay with you!
Here are some of the most common #tags on kumu you can use to get discovered:
#Newbie - to let others know you're new to the app, welcome!
#Comedy - for light and funny content
#Music - sing your heart out/sign along with others
#QLS - quick livestream
#SPG - strong parental guidance content
#Entertainment - other creative entertainment content
Ready to stream? Tara, go LIVE and tambay with the whole kumunity!
Step 4. Freshen up and set your stage!
🎥 Set your phone camera properly
🎤 Make sure your mic is positioned properly and there are no other noises in the background
💡 Get good quality light on your face so viewers can see you clearly
😁 Don't forget to smile!
Alright, you're good to go!
Step 5. Always interact with your viewers!
We’re part of a friendly and welcoming kumunity. Greet people entering your livestream by keeping an eye on the comment box, and share your thanks for any and all gifts! 🎁Here are some tips and tricks to keep engagement high during your stream:
- Roll call! Ask your viewers to share where they’re from, and use their responses in the comment box as fun conversation starters! We’re a global community from all around the world!
- Press 1! Want to get input from your viewers on the next song, activity, or topic? Long-time kumu hosts keep their viewers engaged by asking for feedback: “Press 1 if you want me to sing Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo!”
- VIP watch! Look out for these super active kumunizens passing by — you’ll see VIPs entering with animated entrance announcements on the right-hand side of all livestreams!
- Follow for follow! Don’t forget to follow new faces and friends, and encourage follow backs so that they can get notified for all of your next streams!
- Come for the stream, stay for the friendships! It's easy to get blinded by the promise of diamonds and gifts, but the friendships and connections you make are worth so much more 😍
Step 6. Co-host with other kumunizens!
Co-hosting and streaming with others can help you get discovered by more kumunizens! Livestreams with open co-hosting slots are invitations for you to come up, ask for help, or share your story to become kumu-famous faster than ever. And, if you're nervous about starting your own stream, being a co-host gives you a fun and friendly place to learn the ropes and build up the confidence to go solo!