Create good quality content
Think about why you stream. Here are some examples:
- To de-stress
- To entertain
- To earn money
- To make friends
The kind of content you do can be about what you’re good at, what interests you, or what you do that make people happy and entertained. For example:
- Talk shows
Level up your look! Invest in clothes that fit your style and personality and will register well on camera. Putting on some makeup and fixing your help will also boost your confidence. You’ll feel good because you look good! Plus, viewers are motivated to support streamers who put extra effort into their appearance.
Each streamer is unique! Be yourself, be authentic, and have fun! Kumu is for all Pinoys and Pinoys at heart.
What are your creator goals?
Challenge yourself to achieve kumu milestones! Here are some examples:
- Earn 1 million diamonds per month
- Stream 5 days a week for at least 1 hour per day
- Gain 100 followers every week
- Do a show on kumu’s prime channels
- Upgrade my badge
- Join three kumunity challenges a week
Improve your stream set-up
Level up your stream set-up by making sure you have a pleasant background. The simpler, the better! You can also upgrade your gadgets using an external microphone, sound card, and earphones. Setting up a ring light will also elevate your appearance, while adding colored lights in your background will boost the overall visual mood of your stream.
OBS or Open Broadcaster Software is a free and open-source Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) software for broadcasting your stream using your computer. You can get it at https://obsproject.com/
The RTMP key is needed upon setting up your OBS stream. If you turn on the RTMP setting before going live, you are telling us to expect an audio and video feed from your chosen RTMP service.
- Launch the Kumu app, then tap the profile icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap on 'Settings'
- Copy the RTMP Server URL and RTMP Key.
- On OBS, open Settings, then go to Stream Settings. On the space for 'Server,' paste the RTMP Server URL. On the area for 'Stream Key,' paste the RTMP Key.
- Turn on RTMP in your Livestream Setup beside the cover photo on your kumu app, and you're all set!
How to set up your virtual gift lights
The Virtual Gift Lights feature on kumu allows a streamer's smart lighting equipment (LED light strips, panels, bulbs, etc.) to connect to their live stream and respond to virtual gifts. Every time a viewer drops a gift, the lights will change colors, and your computer will audibly thank the user who gifted it!
- You should have Lumia Stream opened on your computer, so if you still need to, download and install Lumia Stream through this link.
- Make sure your lights are connected to your Lumia Stream dashboard. Lumia Stream only supports some light brands; browse this link to see if your lights are compatible.
- You should connect your computer (with Lumia Stream opened), phone or tablet (the device you will use to stream), and lights to the same network.
- Get the IP address of your computer.
- Go to Settings, found at the bottom of the left panel in Lumia Stream. Click on the "API" tab, enable the developer's API, and reveal your Lumia Token.
- Open the kumu app and start a live stream. On the upper right corner, click the three dots to show the features offered for live streaming. Click on "Add virtual gift lights."
- Select your IP address and enter your Lumia Token from the Lumia Dashboard. Once done, click "Connect lights."
- After you've successfully connected your lights, notice your lights blink to indicate that it is connected. You will also see a message indicating that your lights are connected.